09 November 2012

Molestated

Here is another poem. I wrote this one a couple of years ago, and I recently found it while going through some papers.  I hope you like it.  It does not have a name, but I am thinking about calling it "Molested" because that is what the poem is about, even though it is never mentioned. I hope you enjoy the poem, but most of all, I hope you are inspired to do your part, wherever you are, whoever you are, to break the cycle of silence about this matter.

Mother, The first time it happened,
I remained silent
I did not want:
...destroyed family peace...
... Upset merriment....
...Daddy's unlocked furry...
...Blame...

Mother, the second time it happened,
I told you
You said I did not understand:
...the ways of men...
...Difference of cultures...
...how'd I've behaved....

Mother, the third time it happened,
I did not tell you
I knew you didn't understand:
...My heart and pain...
...My value...
...What I understand....

Mother, when it all happened,
I told you.
I made you understand:
...Its effects.
...My strength.
...My place.

No comments: