11 November 2008

The joys of teaching

I know I talk about my job way too much, but the truth is, I love teaching. I love explaining things to the kids and getting them to behave a certain way. I am starting to wonder if it should be a character trait of teachers to have big egos...

We had a potluck teachers, parents dinner last night. We handed out report cards, visited with parents, ate, and had a little meeting. My school is so screwy. The parents are rich, self-centered and snobby. I was hurt by the fact that most of the meeting was in their German dialect language, and I was left out of most of the conversation, although I was suppose to be so important. I was frustrated by parents attitude to raise the hot lunch prices cause I personally find it already high for a school endeavor ( Remember Beth, this people are not like you....). I found the meeting a real interesting case study.

But then, my little kids hugged me this morning as they arrived to school. Their bright smiles fixed it all. I might just learn German just for them....

3 comments:

Leonardo Melendez said...

Good luck on learning Germ. My baby says something along: "dieh", all the time. Is this Germish?

Beth said...

maybe I have no idea....

Caleb Ortega said...

Yeah it sounds German. hahaha My older bro is in Germany learning German. I say is a great language to learn Beth if you have the oportunity and your brain handles it take it...:) i would like German. I hope in the future we just had like memory or stuff just stick our brain like matrix... and i say learn german chip pleases, then chinese... and all those hahaha is not easy but is worth it. :)?

Is the german dialect the same as the German spoken in Germany ? Do you know whats the name of the dialect?