04 December 2008

Grand Aunt

This year has been a Year of Babies for me. In fact this as been an active social year. Including my brother's wedding last December (Happy 1st Anniversary Doc and Jeidy!) I have been to six weddings this year. This also has been a year of birthday parties. Have you noticed that some times birthday celebration can be a as simple as wishing the birthday person a happy day and giving them a half hug, but other times the celebrations are big and extravagent, sparing no cost? I wonder why this is....
But what intriges me is the amount of babies born. I have been to five birthing clinics to visit different mommies and babes this year. I have been to four baby showers (two of which I was key in). A part from that I have seen countless newborns. Many of these babies were pioneers babies, the first of their families, and the ones that cause the most change in their parent/s lives.

One of these babies in more precious to me than the rest. Although all babies are sweet to me, and all of my friends' babies have a special place in my heart, one is dearer to me than any other. I gloat pictures and blog comments of Leo and Tracy's little boy, I have never seem him but I love him. I am enamoured with Freezes first nephew. But one is above all. I have not seen her, neither do I have any photos of her, but by faith I know she is alive. Kaidence Rayne was born on Nov 21 of this year, in my former hometown in California. Why is she so precious to me, the treasure among the richness of the babies around me? Diamond of diamonds.

She is my grand-neice.

Start giving me congraduations now.

5 comments:

Leonardo Melendez said...

Babies all over the place this time around. I'm going to be uncle for the second time, Pollos had Rafiq, themn there's Louigie, Nephi, Ricardo, Amir, Dianellie, ... Congrats.

Beth said...

I was thinking about mentioning them all Leo, but then it would be an extremely long post.

Fermin has Jr and Joaquin has a daughter, etc...

Leonardo Melendez said...

No flippin way?!! Cool!

Caleb Ortega said...

Birthdays some are hugs and others are expending money???. Depends on the person ... and status Beth... i know every likes to have a birthday party but sometimes is not wise to spend a couple $$$ hundreds of dollars... but if it was bill gates party it would have been another thing I don’t know if he celebrates but he just has the big bucks.

Beth said...

I think Leo, I will have to send you a virtual Christmas greetings there. First reason being I don't think I will make it to your neck of the woods anytime soon (although I want to, trust me).
Also as I look a pay, and all the expenses that I have all of the sudden I wonder how it will all stretch. And I was just getting out of debt!

Caleb I met that this just has been a very active season... not about mongrumey. I grumble about that enough!